Monday, August 11, 2008

Holidays

I am sure last year this time I said the same thing; I love Paris... in the holiday season. Oh so pleasant without all the Parisians, so many parking spots, such little traffic. The perfect city so long as you don't want to get anything done. So what did we do to take advantage of Paris in the holiday season? We left, like all the others, and headed south, where summer is more assured.
It is great to be by the seaside, sand between the toes, sun on the face... ah the life!
Yesterday was a visit to Sete; a cool little town with canals, somewhere between Montpellier and Spain, hiding from the sea behind a hill, with a monstrousity of a port just alongside. Quite rundown, but more like quaint and charming than seedyand and dirty... hmmm now I sound like an estate agent.








































Sete by night, lots of places to perch out on the sidewalk and take in some lovely seafood.





















Actually this is on the way; the port of Palavas.














And back to Sete, on the way home after a great meal. I hope you like the photo, I had to lie down in the gull doodoo to get it right.
Happy holidays and if you're not lucky enough to be by the sea, I wish you at least plentiful parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...