Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SA: Flavour of the month

You can't imagine how surprised I was yesterday to spot a sunset behind Lion's Head in Cape Town. "What you on about???", I hear you Capetownians say, the sun normally sets around there. Yes, indeed, but this was inside the Paris Metro, an ad for Desperados... city look familiar?












excuse the phone photie


In fact, it is quite difficult to feel like one is too far away from SA here in Paris. The department of tourism is going bos on BBC World with a cool campaign of ad's that makes one quite proud to be South African. A trip through the metro normally boasts posters of some or other concert by SA artists, or an African festival.

I know the experience can more than surpass the propaganda, but I hope the SA government is owning up to problems that need to be tackled, so the tourists do keep going back. You better make it worth the increased airfares that I have to pay to visit!

Maybe I should be less surprised about seeing lots of 'home' here, after all the French football team is African.

Wishing you a Cape Town sunset, if you haven't seen one yet, you best get your butt down to the most beautiful city in the world. Please, just not when I'm trying to get a ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...