Saturday, April 24, 2010

change in the weather

A long time ago, my folks bought a barometer during a trip to France. It had nice words on it like 'beau' and 'variable'. After living in France for a while I'm not sure I understand how this barometer would have worked locally during winter, since I don't seem to remember a 'temps de merde' range. It was destined for export.

That weather is behind us now, and today is magic. How do I know that? Just like the weatherman, I don't need to look out the window. I have my very own French barometer. It consists of the photos on the fridge and walls. The lomo guys have these neat little plastic goodies called photoclips, which join photos together to hang on the wall. What they don't know, is that they're more reliable than any local 'meteo' office. When the photo is flat on the wall it is 'variable' to 'temps de merde', and when the photo is curled up away from the wall it is 'beau' to 'très beau'. Which suits me fine, 'cause when it is beau, I shouldn't be inside staring at the wall.


As you can see, today is très beau




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...