Sunday, May 21, 2006

¡Ah... The Mountains!

BBBbbbbbrrrrrrrr last entry I mentioned winter is around, well yesterday found myself in the thick of it. Slightly different day to when Raul was with me, but nevertheless beautiful. Always awesome to be in the mountains, the gods do live there!

The mission, drive to the dam and then head towards Argentina on bike. A first for me, cycling in the snow. Embalse del Yeso was getting the odd snow flake but further up the valley, where the cycling started, was the land or horizontal snow, the worst kind! Well, I guess not as bad as 5th Ave been walked in for a week kind of snow, nor maybe as bad as the 3 feet that are stopping me get out my house kind of snow... ok so maybe not the worst, but when on a bike... hmmm yes I know, I will stop now as this all points to my mental health.

Great fun, but needless to say the biking was abandoned after a short cold while, before we became statistics, and the exploration towards Argentina was continued in a heated 4x4 (no, not Raul's 206 again, afraid it wouldn't have cut it).

How lucky all Santiaguinos are to have this on their doorstep!













Arrival at embalse del Yeso














BBbbbrrrrrr....


















Tontos...

















Well at least the ones that landed on my jacket were unique looking, but cummaaaan there are billions of them, prove it!


















A swim anyone?


Wishing you some chilly fingers, it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...