Monday, April 17, 2006

Precarious existance

It has been a month since I updated my blog, you probably think I've fallen off the planet... a lean blog month, which doesn't at all translate to reality, far from it...

When abroad I often get asked about Cape Town, and unlike all those who have to justify their escape to Oz I normally discuss the awesome things, but you never really seem to have photos of where you live. At least recently I got the chance. My last month has seen me move from hanging onto the thin sliver that is Chile to staying dry as the almost bottom of Africa slips away into the blue... and back again. For a change I will shut up and let the photos do the talking.











Looking across False bay from Smitswinkel, near the point of the peninsula
















Looking out over Cape Town city from Table mountain













Hout bay from Chapman's peak drive, must be up there with one of the most beautiful drives in the world













Clifton beach with the 12 apostles in the background



















Sunset coming down table mountain, Lion's head tickled by cloud























Table mountain cable station from Clifton beach


















Dias beach at Cape Point


















St James beach houses

















The ride up table mountain


















Kalk bay fishing harbour


















Cape Point - Almost bottom of Africa, the stillest I have ever seen it!


So that's a small taste of the fairest Cape, things you take for granted when living there in amongst the beauty day by day... what an incredible holiday! Thanks! Difficult to leave again, but somehow on arriving my apartment did feel a little like home, well except for the ugly little statue on the table, sorry landlord, but it's time he had an accident...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...